The church Christkirche was built between 1694 and 1700 as the former garrison church, which, by demand of the king of Denmark, offered enough space for the entire garrison of around 2000 men. The king participated in the church service, in the so-called “Königstuhl” (king’s chair), during his visits in Rendsburg. The layout of the Christkirche is designed as a symmetrical cross with extensive space under its tall wooden barrel vault. The altar, which was created by Steinell, the carver from Diepholz, in the middle 17th century, was purchased by the congregation in 1701 from the town church of Glückstädter. The organ was built by the organ maker Schnittger. After being rebuilt on numerous occasions by the organ maker Schulke, it was replaced in 1973 by a larger and more modern organ.