Lübeck / Filmhaus
The beginnings of "the other cinema in Lübeck" date back to the middle of the 20th century. In 1949, Minna Kirch and Bernhard Kuyper were able to foresee the termination of the lease for the Eden-Lichtspiele movie theater they had run. At that time the original founders of today's film house acquired the ruins of Königstraße 38 and built a completely new cinema there after they had separated from the Eden. On August 8, 1951, the new light theater opened with 470 seats under the name of "City". In the years that followed, the owners changed and the program concepts changed, so that the cinema underwent four name changes until it was reopened in 2006 under the new name of "Filmhaus". Today, its three cozy theater halls are extremely successful as a program cinema with an upscale selection of films. The SHMF will host events in the Filmhaus for the first time in 2017.