The church is to be found on the same site as the first church of Nusse which was built in 1158. In the 13th century this building was replaced by a Romanic church. In 1821 a fire destroyed the Romanic building to its grounds which led to a new construction. After a two year building period today’s church had its grand opening in 1839. The broad tower of the church attracts visitors to Nusse from a far distance.