The existence of the Rellingen church dates all the way back to the year 800. The current form of the church, however, dates back to the building authorization given by the Danish King Friedrich V. around 1750. The eight-cornered foundation of the late-gothic church was designed by the master builder Cai Dose. The church celebrated its 250th anniversary in 2006 together with the organ that was built by Glückstadt organ maker Mathias Schreiber and inaugurated with the specially composed music of Georg Philipp Telemann. The church is a specifically important venue for the smaller, finer concerts of the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival.