In 1879 the new building of today's St. Michael's Church was consecrated - it owes its name to the archangel Michael, who, slaying a dragon, is depicted in the seal of the parish. St. Michael's Church is a neo-Gothic cruciform brick building. As the first church in Kaltenkirchen, St. Michael's Church has an apse, a round building behind the altar. The galleries are located in the cross arms and can be reached via stairs in the massive porches on the south and north sides. The arms of the cross are separated by four large pointed arches. The ceiling above the nave of the cross arms is a straight bank coffered ceiling, above the crossing it is a tent roof ceiling. The windows contain diamond-shaped glass panes set in lead. From 1997 to 2000, the Marcussen organ was restored in three stages.