According to the Auer church records, Pastor Bielefeld found a stone in the tower in 1728, dating the building of the St. Cyriacus Church in Kellinghusen to 1154. The church was first mentioned in 1196 and the first priest was listed as Johannes de Kelenghusen. Lightning struck the church in 1686, from which it burned down to the church walls. That same year, it was rebuilt and consecrated again. In 1929, the church burned again, this time triggered by a short circuit in the organ electronics. The entire Baroque interior and the tower were destroyed, but the stone walls once again survived. In 1930, the church reconstruction began and it was inaugurated in 1931. To the exterior, the church has remained the village church, on the interior, however, it has since become a work of art in modern sign language.