The church of St. Georg in Lübeck-Genin is located 4 km southwest of the old town, on the side of the Geniner Dorfstraße, surrounded by old oaks. It was first mentioned in 1286. A baroque decoration took place at the beginning of the 18th century with the installation of baroque altar and the baptistery. From 1974 to 1978, Church St. Georg was thoroughly renovated. The medieval painting of the ribbed cross vault in the choir was uncovered. An organ by the Kemper family of Lübeck was installed in 1977. In addition to musical work, the active parish of St. Georg promotes ecological projects.